The Bronx Greenmarket Hot Sauce - Green Bacon Pasta
An incredible, light and zesty pasta dish. Great for Sunday brunch, as a side dish or as an entree, this spring time treat is sure to please.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons The Bronx Greenmarket Hot Sauce - Green
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon and crumble into small peices into a bowl and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the same pan used to cook the bacon.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and minced garlic in reserved drippings for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pasta, parmesan cheese, whipping cream, pepper and The Bronx Greenmarket Hot Sauce.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon and green onions.
- Serve immediately.