A cherry and ghost pepper chili that has proven it's own.
Mr. B's Ghost Cherry Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey (or 90/10 ground beef or ground deer)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (preferably kosher)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. Ghost Cherry Gold Pepper Glaze
- 2 cup of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans (such as cannellini or navy), rinsed and drained
- Combine first 6 ingredients, sauté over medium heat until turkey is completely cooked.
- In medium stock pot, combine remaining ingredients, add cooked turkey, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook on medium/low for an hour or until ingredients have thickened – stir occasionally
- Top with the following options
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional